Students must complete all degree requirements before they are permitted to participate in graduation. The curricula published in the announcements of the various departments outline the specific requirements for the degrees offered at Mississippi Valley State University. To complete degree requirements, an undergraduate student must:
- Complete the minimum required semester hours based on the major.
- Complete the curriculum requirements of the major field.
- Earn a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average.
- Earn a grade of "C" or better in each major course.
- Complete in residence on the University campus the senior year or its equivalent.
- Complete a minimum of 25 percent of the total credit hours requirement of the program at MVSU.
- Pass the English Proficiency Examination or earn a grade of "C" or better in EN 304.
- Earn no more than 24 semester hours through correspondence.
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" in Freshman Composition 101 and 102, and World Literature 201 and 202.
- Satisfactorily complete the general core curriculum listed in the catalog.
- Demonstrate computer literacy.
In order to receive a baccalaureate degree from Mississippi Valley State University, a student must complete the last 32 semester credit hours at the University. If extenuating circumstances exist, the Vice President for Academic Affairs may grant, upon the recommendation of the appropriate dean, a student's request to take no more than six (6) of the last 32 hours at another accredited institution.