The goals of the Department of Natural Sciences and Environmental Health are:
1. Develop students who are well prepared for their chosen careers and in the fulfillment of their personal lives in an ever-changing society.
2. Provide opportunities for all students of the University to become familiar with concepts and principles of natural sciences and environmental health.
3. Offer baccalaureate and master’s degree curriculum in natural sciences and environmental health.
4. Prepare interested students for advanced study in biomedical sciences.
5. Prepare those interested in admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, nursing, medical technology, physical therapy, and other allied health service professions.
6. Prepare and train students for employment in public health, occupational safety fields, and in environmental monitoring, regulation, or protection fields; and
7. Develop teaching skills in students interested in teaching biology in secondary schools.