Mississippi Valley State University, through its Department of Business, is nationally accredited by the Association of College Business Schools and Programs to offer the following business degrees:
- The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with majors in Accounting and Office Administration
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.)
The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence. The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP acknowledges the importance of scholarly research and inquiry and believes that such activities facilitate improved teaching. Institutions are strongly encouraged to pursue a reasonable mutually beneficial balance between teaching and research. And further, ACBSP encourages faculty involvement within the contemporary business world to enhance the quality of classroom instruction and to contribute to student learning.
Southeastern Council (Region 3) The Southeastern Council of Business Schools and Programs is a regional division of the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs representing colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The mission of the ACBSP is to establish, promote and recognize educational standards that contribute to the continuous improvement of business education and, through the process of accreditation, to recgonize business schools and programs that adhere to these standards. The objectives of the Southeastern Council of Business Schools and Programs of Region 3 include:
- To provide a regional forum to foster a better understanding of business education and for the exchange of ideas concerning collegiate business education programs, curriculum, and articulation among member institutions.
- To assist member institutions in the region in their efforts to improve their professional business schools and programs and to assist them in their efforts to attain accreditation
- To provide the ACBSP's Board of Directors with ideas and recommendations as to how the Association can better serve its membership
- To work with the ACBSP Board of Directors, Exectutive Director and Staff to achieve the goals and objectives of ACBSP
- To provide opportunity to foucs on membership expansion and related services