Lamba Pi Eta – Communications Students Honors Society
Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association. As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies, Lambda Pi Eta has over 180 active chapters at colleges and universities across the United States.
Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi), relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character, credibility, and ethics.
The Zeta Chi Chapter was chartered in April 1998.
In ordr to become a member of Lambda Pi Eta, the student must:
* have completed at least 60 semester hours in college;
* have completed at least 12 semester hours of communication study;
* have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0;
* have a communication studies GPA of at least 3.25;
* be in the upper 35 percent of his/her graduationg class;
* currently enrolled as a full-time student in good standing; and
* display commitment to the field of communication.