Starting with the 2016-2017 academic year, the MVSU Financial Aid Verification process must be completed online at: mvsu.verifymyfafsa.com.
This site is designed to guide students and families in completing the verification requirements electronically. A view of the site to get started is below.
IMPORTANT: As a first-time user of this site, students will need toclick create account and establish an account using their preferredemail (required for email notifications regarding documents) and cell phonenumber (optional for text alerts regarding documents).
After creating your account andlogging in, the verification group that you are selected for will be attachedto your account to begin completing.
All verification forms can only be completedonline.
Documents that must besubmitted for Verification
- Verification Worksheet- Available online
- A copy of the student’s Tax Return Transcript, if filed, for the preceding year
- A copy of the parent’s Tax Return Transcript(s), if filed, for the preceding year
- NOTE: Transcripts must be uploaded and attached online or you can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA on the Web application (www.fafsa.ed.gov) to have the transcript pulled into your FAFSA
- If your filing status is “married filing separate” you will not be able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- If you submitted an amended return to the IRS, you will not be able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Verification of SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits received (if applicable)
- Verification of Child Support Paid (if applicable)
- W-2 Statement(s)
- IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter
- If neither the student nor parent has indicated “will not file” and shows no income earned from work and is selected for verification, this document will need to be submitted with your verification worksheet.
- You can quickly request transcripts by using the IRS automated self-help service tools. Please visit the IRS at IRS.gov and click on “Get a Tax Transcript...” under “Tools” or call 1-800-908-9946.
2016-2017 Verification Worksheets
Parent PLUS Loan Application Form
2015-2016 Verification Worksheets
|Dependent V1 & V5||Independent V1 & V5|
|Dependent V3||Independent V3|
|Dependent V4||Independent V4|
|Dependent V6||Independent V6|
Statement of Education Purpose
|Dependency Status Form||Undergraduate Tuition Remission Form|
|Dependent Non-filer Statement||Independent Non-filer Statement|
|Loan Adjustment Form|
|TIV Authorization, Parent||TIV Authorization, Student|