Mississippi Valley State University
Public Broadcasting and Media Productions Fact Sheet
WVSD 91.7 FM
WVSD 91.7 FM is a 24-hour public educational radio station operating under the auspices of the Office of Public Broadcasting/Media Productions at
Specific goals for 2013-2014
· Broaden the station’s programming
· Increase the power signal
· Provide student internship program andnews/public affairs team
· Subscribe to national news service
· Develop original programming
CartWorks Automated System
Functions: Allows students to train on state-of-the-art equipment; continuous programming with small personnel; expansion of programming; and programming can be keyed in computer at least two weeks in advance.
MVSU Sports Network
Broadcast and web cast ALL football games:
SWAC basketball games(men/women);
select baseball games; home softball,
volleyball; and SWAC tournament games.
Underwriter spots are solicited for broadcast games.
Web Cast site: www.mvsu.edu, click the Listen
Wireless system allows WVSD to broadcasts live
programs from H.G. Carpenter and other areas where
there are accessible telephone lines; or from areas
where cell phone reception is uninterrupted.
Specific Function:15-30 minute public
affairs program to feature university guests
Hosts: Darwin Cannon and Wanda Young
Mississippi Gospel Artists Show
Specific Function: One-hour inspirational show featuring gospel artists with Mississippi origins
Air Times:Friday, 9-10:00 a.m., Sunday, 7-8:00 p.m.
Host: Darwin Cannon
Specific Function:One-hour sports talk show covering Levels of various sports
Air Time: Saturday, 1-2:00 p.m., or two-hours priorto broadcasts/webcasts of MVSU games
Hosts:Link Edgett, Malcolm Miller
WVSD has received NPR’s Content Depot component
since April 2006. Installation was May 13, 2006.
· Beale Street Caravan: Thursday, midnight
· Jazz Set: Wednesday, 11:00 a.m.
· Health in a Heartbeat: Daily, 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m.· Parent Journal- Monday, 10:00 a.m.
· Jazz Set Fundraiser- Tuesday, 1:00 a.m.
· New Inspiration for the Nation- Monday, 2:00 p.m.
· Midnight Special- Tuesday, midnight
· Gospel Reflections: Tuesday, 8-9:00 a.m., Sunday, 5-7:00 p.m.
· From Boxrow to Press Row: Saturday, noon-1:00p.m.
· Blues Time in the City: Friday, 10:00 p.m.-midnight